- 4 cups Flour
- 1 tbsp Dry Active Yeast
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Warm Water
- Oil for bowl
- In a bowl, mix together the flour and the salt.
- In another bowl, combine yeast, warm water, and half of the flour/salt mixture. Using your hands, mix until it forms a dough. Then, cover with a dish cloth and let sit at room temperature for 3 hours. It should triple in size.
- Gently incorporate the rest of the flour/salt, using your hands.
- Place on a lightly floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes. It should be supple and elastic when you stop kneading.
- Lightly oil a bowl. Place dough in bowl. Cover with a dish towel. Let sit for 1 hour. It should double in size.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Knead again. Then cut dough into 3 parts and form each part into a long baguette. Place on a baking sheet. Let sit for at least 20 minutes.
- Place a bowl of water in the oven. Bake baguettes for about 25 minutes (maybe less). Remove the bowl of water after 15 minutes of baking.